TOPIC: BREAKING THE BONDAGE AND YOKE OF DEBT
TEXT:1 KINGS 1-7MSG “ One day the wife of a man from the guild of prophets called out to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead. You well know what a good man he was, devoted to God. And now the man to whom he was in debt is on his way to collect by taking my two children as slaves.”
2 Elisha said, “I wonder how I can be of help. Tell me, what do you have in your house?”
“Nothing,” she said. “Well, I do have a little oil.”
3-4 “Here’s what you do,” said Elisha. “Go up and down the street and borrow jugs and bowls from all your neighbors. And not just a few—all you can get. Then come home and lock the door behind you, you and your sons. Pour oil into each container; when each is full, set it aside.”
5-6 She did what he said. She locked the door behind her and her sons; as they brought the containers to her, she filled them. When all the jugs and bowls were full, she said to one of her sons, “Another jug, please.”
He said, “That’s it. There are no more jugs.”
Then the oil stopped.
7 She went and told the story to the man of God. He said, “Go sell the oil and make good on your debts. Live, both you and your sons, on what’s left.”
INSPIRATIONAL TONIC FOR FERVENT PRAYING
The yoke of debt is the spirit of death. Why did I say so, the man of God, a prophet died in his debt. The spirit of debt is the spirit of shame and disgrace. It is the spirit of fear and no peace of mind. It is the spirit that silent once voice and makes people loose their inheritance. The man of God was a prophet but there was a problem in his life that almost ruined his entire family until God stepped in. It was shameful to know that he was a prophet yet borrowing. His two sons would have been taking slaves if not by intervention by a prophet. We need to pray against the spirit of borrowing and debt because it can terminate our lives.
LET US PRAY.
1. Father, thank you for opening my eyes to see the truth in your work.
2. Father, I ask that you have mercy on me and wash me in your blood in Jesus’ name.
3. MY father, my father, I break loose from the Spirit of debt in Jesus’s name.
4. IN the name of Jesus, you spirit of debt that wants to turn me into slave, let go of me and my family now in Jesus’s name.
5. Your Yoke and spirit of debt that wants to kill me before my time, Let go of me in Jesus’ name.
6. Father, every hardship that leads me to borrowing and puts me in debt, I decree their expiration right now in Jesus’s name.
7. You that spirit of shame and garment of shame that came upon my life, family and ministry as a result of debt, catch fire right now in Jesus’s name.
8. Every Spirit of debt that has silenced people in my lineage, over my life fail, I silent you in Jesus’s name.
9. By the reason of you anointing, I receive help to pay off all personal and family debt in Jesus’s name.
10. Father, By your help, my story and that of my family changes from borrowers to Lenders in Jesus name.
11. Confess this, father, thank you for your mighty hand of deliverance and help, I leave this prayer today a free man, I am no longer a slave to debt. My name has changed and my story has changed forever in Jesus’s name. Amen.